NaNoWriMo Update - The Home Stretch

With less than six days to go I've got a little less than 10,000 words to write before I can claim my first ever NaNo victory. And I intend to do so.

Other writers out there doing NaNo talk about what kind of rewards they give themselves after writing a hard scene or doing a session of really good writing. Some give themselves a piece of candy, chocolate, or other food item. Others reward themselves with a new video game or movie they just bought. When I sit and think of what I do to reward myself after doing a writing session, nothing comes to my mind. I guess I don't reward myself in ways that you can see. I get my biggest reward in knowing that I am a thousand or two thousand words closer to my goal. Sure I flip on the TV after writing or go play a game on my computer afterward, but I wouldn't consider that my reward. That is more my down time after writing.

Ever since I crossed the halfway mark I have been even more motivated to get to the finish line with my 50,000 words in tow. I wake up, perform my morning rituals, and get to my laptop for the days writing session. The word count from the previous day motivates me to write more. Now that I have just over 40,000 words, the drive to reach 50,000 is stronger than ever. Coming this far in this challenge only to fail is not an option.

Yesterday I got through a difficult scene for me to write and I must say that if I was not doing NaNo I would have stalled there. I would have found excuse after excuse not to complete my novel and remain stuck at that one junction. Thanks to NaNo and my desire to get to finish what I have started, I pushed through and out to the other side.

The next time I provide a NaNo Update it will be to tell you that I have claimed my victory and completed my novel. See you all on the other side!

The best way out is always through.
-
Robert Frost

5 comments:

Jill Wheeler said...

Great job! I didn't really reward myself with anything... Being finished was reward enough! Like you, if I didn't have that deadline, I would have given up on a few tough scenes along the way. NaNo rocks! I never would have finished all on my own.

Beamer said...

Nice Going.

Beamer

Solo-Dad said...

CJ, Way to go! That's something to be proud of. Congratulations!

Jay said...

Congrats CJ! You have less than 3k to go and that is a huge accomplishment.

I missed it this years but will probably do it next. I can hope to pull it off. I imagine it could be fun.

Stina Rose said...

CJ,

I just noticed that you finished the 50K! Great job! Welcome to the winners circle!!!!